Friday, May 5, 2017

Minutes March 14, 2017 Meeting



Minutes March 14, 2017 
Meeting started at 6:05 PM. 

Present: Howard Bloomberg, Walk Advocate; Jacquie Chavez, D-11; Kevin Clark, D-1; Becky Hogue, Senior and Disability Org; Evy Posenentico, D-8; Thomas Rogers, D-10; Howard Strassner, Transit or Environmental Advocate; Kevin Stull, D-6; Stuart Watts, D-3 and John Winston, SFUSD. Excused: Absent: Dan Golub, D-2; Meredith Osborn, D-5; Trevor McNeil, D-4 and Ellen Zhou, D-9. There are currently 14 appointed members. Staff: Neal Patel, SFMTA. 

Minutes: 
1. SFPD Report: Sgt. Embody: A) Collisions on private property, Cala on Mission, count against Vision Zero. The driver will be charged. This parking lot needs some safety improvements but it is not known if they can be required. B) Reviewed other recent collisions. 

2. SFMTA Report: Neal Patel: A) Working on the Embarcadero to improve safety and capacity of the shared walkway/bicycle track. B) Lanes on Seventh and Eighth Street are being removed to slow traffic and provide a bike lane. C) Planning is starting to make the residential Page Street, more comfortable for pedestrians and bicyclists as a ”neighbor way” including possible raised cross walks and reduced automobile traffic. D) Monterey will be getting two pedestrian flashing lights and an overall study will be starting. E) Seventeenth and Church tracks are a problem for bicyclists which fall into track space, leading to collisions. These tracks are essential to get vehicles to and from the barn even though they are not part of a Metro revenue line. Available flange fillers don’t work with light weight vehicles. PSAC: Monterey had another collision. Some pedestrians need more education on how to cross streets. Pedestrian was hit by hit and run driver at Market and Noe. JFK Drive needs painted cross walks at 41st and 43rd. Have to work with Park and Rec. Status of proposals to make Haight Street a mall with buses. Problem with Allemany intersections. Public Comment: SFMTA should work with volunteer painters to save money. 

3. Minutes: PSAC voted to approve January and February minutes. 

4. Ocean Avenue: John Presented: PSAC approved Funding Ocean Avenue Corridor Project with some minor typos to be corrected. 

5. Social Media: John Winston: Presented: A) PSAC site should work as well as BAC, Howard will work with Neal. B) John will work with Stuart to make our sites outside of the SFMTA work better. C) We can get rid of older sites by contacting the host. 

6. Vision Zero: Stuart: Long summary report on collisions: http://sfcontroller.org/sites/default/files/Documents/Auditing/FINAL%20Collision%20Analysis%203-10-17.pdf Some findings: Most collisions with senior males on Market. SFPD Commander: will do more enforcement.

7. Chair’s Report: Becky: A) Birthdays: John, Kevin S, and Jacquie. B) Thomas got engaged. C) Members should select an agency to be a liaison. D) Walk and roll to school in April. E) Walk to work April 6.

8. Future Items: Along with name of responsible member: For 4/17: Thank WalkSF Nicole Ferrara, Kevin S; Idaho stops, Howard S; Distracted walking, Becky and Speed Cameras. For 5/17: Lombard Street. Older: A) Annual Report; C) Chinatown, Stuart; D) Uber and Chariot; E) Mission Zero: F) High Risks on Allemany near farmers market, Ellen; G) Have MTA come to discuss lack of progress of Vision Zero; H) Road rage, Evy and I) Lower Stockton Street as a Mall, Howard S. 


9. Adjourned 7:30. Next scheduled regular meeting is Tuesday, April 11, 2017, Room 400 at 6:00. Howard S. was note taker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment