Sunday, November 11, 2018

Draft Minutes September 11, 2018


Draft Minutes September 11, 2018

Meeting started at 6:00 PM.

Present: Howard Bloomberg, Walk Advocate; Becky Hogue, Senior and Disability Org; Kevin Stull, D-9; Bettina Cohen, D-6; Meridith Osborn, D-5; Evy Posamentier, D-8; Howard Strassner, Transit or Environmental Advocate; Thomas Rogers, D-10; and John Winston, SFUSD. Excused: Martin Fein, D-4 and Andrew Jacobs, D-2. Absent: Jacquie Chavez, D-11. There are currently 12 appointed members. Vacant Seats: D-1,3,7, Bicycle Org and Senior Org. Staff: Victoria Chong left early due to illness.

1. Comment Public: Catherine Orland, BAC: BAC passed a resolution to create two shopping zones on Valencia, as a pilot project, to eliminate through traffic. PSAC Comments: Concerned with blue and yellow parking zones. A sketch will make the proposal easier to follow.

2. SFPD Report: Sgt. Embody: A) On 9/7 83 year old man was injured while crossing outside cross walk. B) On 8/8 58 old was injured by hit and run and died six days later. C) On 8/31 14 year old injured while crossing in cross walk.

D) On 8/14 bicyclist crossing on red was hit by drunk driver. E) Bus driver in out of control bus on Lombard probably had a medical condition.

3. SFPD Traffic Company Staffing: Luke Martin, Capitan: Total staff is at all time low of 43 spread over two shifts and seven days. In addition to traffic enforcement they also are called to escort dignitaries and for funerals. Current first priority for police service is homeless. Second priority is for foot patrols. All SFPD officers are supposed to enforce traffic violations Bob Planthold: Pedestrian Safety advocate for 41 years: In 1990s the company had 109 staff. Last police training class was five years ago. Red light citations are decreasing and one traffic court is closing due to lack of citations. There is too much plea bargaining to eliminate points which could cause loss of a driving license and 80 to 90% of citations are contested requiring police presence. The first step toward more police classes is to find out the cost of a class. Yellow cross walks are slippery and little can be done except being very careful. Red light cameras have not helped enforcement and red light cameras are being shut down. PSAC: Who is responsible for red light cameras? Would different paint be useful?

4. Minutes: Approved August minutes with spelling corrections.

5. Muni Forward: Steve Boland: Presented on Third Street. SFMTA: PSAC Comments: What are the stop spacing standards? There are problems with double right turn lanes. There is a need for a bike lane on the left side of 3rd street connecting Howard and Folsom. We need more day lighting for curbs. Was fire truck access considered on 3rd St? There seems to be an overlap on the work on 2nd and 4th streets. Cars turning right on red lights are dangerous for pedestrians.

6. PSAC Bylaws: Meridith: Cleaned up old bylaws. Tabled due to lack of quorum.


7. Chair’s Report: Becky: Will miss next month for an operation. Vice-chair Kevin will chair the October meeting.

8. Future Items: New: Annual Report, Becky; Scooters, Stuart; Upper Market; Vision Zero; Muni Equity and Public Health. Along with name of responsible member: Older: A) Issues from BAC, Howard S; B) Speed Cameras. C) Chinatown, Stuart; D) Uber and Chariot; E) Road rage, Evy



9. Adjournment: 7:30. Next scheduled regular meeting is Tuesday, October 9, Room 400 at 6:00. Howard S and Kevin took notes.

Agenda November 13, 2018

City Hall, Room 400
6 PM


1)Call to Order

2)Roll Call

3)Approve Agenda

4)Approve September Minutes

5)General Public Comment

6)SF Police Department Report
a)Sgt. Embody

7)Sloat Boulevard
a)Howard Strassner

8)PSAC Bylaws
a)Meredith Osborn

9)Valencia Shopping Zone
a)Catherine Orland

10)Congestion and Pedestrian Safety
a)Bettina Cohen

11)SFMTA Report
a)Victoria Chong

12)Members Reports

13)Chairs Report

14)Future Membership Meetings

15)Adjournment






Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Agenda July 10, 2018

City Hall, Room 400, 6PM

1) Call to Order

2) Roll Call

3) Approve Agenda

4) Approve June Minutes

5) General Public Comment

6) SF Police Department Report
Sgt. Embody

7) Lower Great Highway Project
Nick Smith

8) Scooter-Sharing Updates 
Jason Hyde

9) SFMTA Reports 
Victoria Chong

10) PSAC ByLaws
Meredith Osborn

11) Members Reports

12) Chairs Report

13) Future Membership Meetings

14) Adjournment

Draft Minutes, June 12, 2018


Meeting started at 6:05 PM.

Present: Howard Bloomberg,Walk Advocate; Jacquie Chavez, D-11; Becky Hogue, Senior and Disability Org; Kevin Stull, D-9; Bettina Cohen, D-6; Martin Fein, D-4; Andrew Jacobs, D-2; Meredith Osborn, D-5; Howard Strassner, Transit or Environmental Advocate; Thomas Rogers, D-10; Stuart Watts, D-3 and Jon Winston, SFUSD. Excused: Absent: Evy Posenentico, D-8. There are currently 13 appointed members. Staff: Victoria Chong.

Minutes:

1. SFPD Report: Sgt. Embody: A) No new incidents and no new information on recent past incidents.

2. Geary Rapid Project: Liz Brisson, SFMTA presented: This is the first part, from Market to Arguello. Geary has an average of 26 injury collisions per year and bus and pedestrian bulbs plus medians and longer crossing times should help. Buses will run along the curb in a mostly bus lane and this plus transit signal priority will improve speed and reliability. The Buchanan pedestrian bridge will remain as a neighborhood icon. The Steiner bridge will be removed because 80% of those crossing use the surface. The Geary bus route from Arguello westward will be more costly, center running and work will start later. The transition from center to side running will have a transit “jump” signal stopping all other traffic. Future Muni will be all electric. PSAC Comments: 


A) Countdown signal lights seem to be fading and should be checked. 

B) The north side of Geary at Masonic needs a median to provide safety for very slow walkers, as discussed in a PSAC Resolution. The south side includes a median as part of the Masonic project. C) Additional injuries show up at the hospital a few days after the collision.


3. SFMTA Report: Victoria Chong: 


A) Answered PSAC questions from our April meeting via an email. B) Work on Masonic is nearly complete. C) Safer Taylor has a scheduled outreach meeting.


4. Para Transit: Johnson Cheng, SFMTA, presented: A slide show describing: ADA mandate, Scope, Fares, Reservations, Service and Training. The slide show will be submitted via email.


5. Side Walk Parking Enforcement Resolution: Jon: presented: Discussed limited enforcement and described some additions to the resolution as published. PSAC voted unanimously to support.


6. Members Reports: 


A) Howard S: Our resolution on Stockton Street bus lane and wider sidewalks was not supported by the Bicycle Coalition, Walk SF or the Sierra Club. It seems that the Chinatown neighborhood defines Transit First for themselves. 

B) Jacquie: Walk to School week will add Car Pool and Transit week.

C) Meredith: District five is working to make the signage for Ninth, Seventh and Fifth, and approaches to Golden Gate Park safer for pedestrians.


7. Bylaws Update: Our revised Ordinance should have revised bylaws. Meredith will produce a draft update of the bylaws.


8. Chair’s Report: Becky: Needs some input, from PSAC members for future meetings. Martin offered to help for July.


9. Future Items: New: Annual Report, Becky; Scooters, Stuart; Upper Market; Vision Zero; Muni Equity and Public Health. Along with name of responsible member: Older: 


A) Issues from BAC, Howard S

B) Speed Cameras. 

C) Chinatown, Stuart

D) Uber and Chariot; 

E) Road rage, Evy




10. Adjournment: 7:35. Next scheduled regular meeting is Tuesday, July 10, 2018 Room 400 at 6:00. Howard S. took notes.

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Draft Minutes February 13, 2018


Meeting started at 6:00 PM.

Present: Howard Bloomberg, Walk Advocate; Becky Hogue, Senior and Disability Org; Meredith Osborn, D-5; Evy Posenentico, D-8; Howard Strassner, Transit or Environmental Advocate; Thomas Rogers, D-10; Kevin Stull, D-6; Stuart Watts, D-3 and John Winston, SFUSD. Excused: Martin Fein, D-4. Absent: Kevin Clark,
D-1; Jacquie Chavez, D-11; and Dan Golub, D-2. There are currently 13 appointed members. Staff: Victoria Chong

Minutes:

1. SFMTA Capital Budget: Luis Montoya presented: A) Budget was $3.6 Billion over five years, including LRVs, new buses and the Central Subway. B) The new budget is $2.8 Billion mostly for transit facilities and about $1 Billion for streets, pedestrians and bicycles with about 75% of this in high injury streets. He distributed a list of these projects. Some money will be held for newly discovered needs. C) Only 43% of all trips (as determined by survey) are in a private auto. D) Annual traffic deaths are down to 14 pedestrians and 6 in autos.


2. SFPD Report: Sgt. Embody and Captain Vaswani presented: A) The Captain’s 25 years in the SFPD includes: Being Captain in Bay View where he dealt with changes in the traffic pattern due to new developments; Park Station where he dealt with pedestrians and bikes and investigated injuries and deaths. B) He distributed copies of the December and annual fatality numbers. C) SFPD wrote 80,000 tickets in 2017. D) Future: He will work with neighborhood stations to help on problem streets. They are beginning to use E data to study causes of pedestrian problems. They have only 39 motorcycle officer down from 70. He is getting involved in automated cars. 


PSAC Comments: Are reduced speeds due to congestion a factor in reduced pedestrian fatalities.


3. Minutes: PSAC approved the November and January minutes.


4. Stockton Street Mall Resolution: Howard S. presented: PSAC voted 9-0 to support a Resolution Requesting Converting Lower Stockton Street to a Pedestrian Mall.


5. Distracted Walking Resolution; Evy presented: Some comments: this seems to blaming the victim. PSAC voted 3-6 and the resolution was not supported.


6. SFMTA Report: Victoria Chong: A) Para Transit: SFMTA oversees the contractor. Funded by grants from State Federal and SF. B) Working on area safety designs. Victoria will send Becky info for distribution. C) Our website includes agendas, minutes and resolutions. PSAC Comments: Beige painted corner bulbs are not visible. Oakland uses purple or could be orange for Giants.


7. Chairs Report: Becky: A) Bicycle member should be on board soon. B) Becky will ask the SFMTA if we can meet at One Van Ness at 5:30. C) Annual report to Supervisors will include PSAC: agendas; minutes; resolutions and handouts.


11. Members Reports: A) John W: A group has formed to work for funding for the Ocean Ave safety improvements.


12. Future Items: New: Upper Market; Vision Zero; Muni Equity and Public Health. Along with name of responsible member: Older: A) Issues from BAC, Howard S; B) Speed Cameras. C) Annual Report; D) Chinatown, Stuart; E) Uber and Chariot; F) Road rage, Evy


13. Public Comments: Andrew Jacobs: Considering joining PSAC from D-2. Concerned with high injury California street with two lanes each way.




14. Adjourned 7:45. Next scheduled regular meeting is Tuesday, March 13, 2018 Room 400 at 6:00. Howard S. took notes.

PSAC Agenda, April 10, 2018


City Hall, Room 400, 6PM
  1. Call to Order (2 minutes)

  1. Roll Call and introduction of new members (5 minutes)

  1. Approve Agenda (2 minutes)

  1. Approve March Minutes (5 minutes)

  1. General Public Comment (10 minutes)

  1. SF Police Department Report
    1. Sgt. Embody (10 minutes)

  1. ConnectSF Presentation (20 minutes)
    1. ConnectSF Staff

  1. SFMTA Report, Sidewalk Parking Questions
    1. Victoria Chong (10 minutes)

  1. Bike, scooter shares in SF
    1. Stuart Watts

  1. Uber Autonomous Vehicles, Walk to Work Day
    1. Bettina Cohen

  1. Bike and Roll to School Week
    1. Jacquie Zapata

  1. Annual Report
    1. Becky Hogue

  1. Members Reports

  1. Future Items


  1. Adjournment

Friday, February 9, 2018

PSAC Agenda - February 13, 2018


Special Location
MTA Offices 
1 South Van Ness
7th Floor
Union Square Conference Room

  1. Call to Order (2 minutes)

  1. Roll Call (5 minutes)

  1. Approve Agenda (5 minutes) Action Item

  1. Approve November and January Minutes (10 minutes)

  1. General Public Comment (10 minutes)

  1. SFPD Report
    1. Captain Vaswani and Sgt. Embody (15 minutes)

  1. SFMTA Budget
    1. Lulu Feliciano (20 minutes)

  1. SFMTA Report
    1. Victoria Chong (10 minutes)

  1. Stockton Street Resolution - Action Item
    1. Howard Strassner (10 minutes)

  1. Distracted Walking Resolution - Action Item
    1. Evy Posamentier (15 minutes)

  1. Members Report (10 minutes)

  1. Annual Report
    1. Becky Hogue

  1. Chairs Report

  1. Future Items


  1. Adjournment